Q: Do I have to submit a Pre-Operational Inspection Declaration for each of my ropeways and conveyors every year?
Our safety officers advise:
Yes, you must submit a declaration ever year for each of the ropeways or conveyors you are operating. This is now a mandatory requirement.
The declaration form is based on the requirements of Annex D of the CSA Z98-14 Safety Standard for Passenger Ropeways and Passenger Conveyors that is adopted for use in British Columbia by the Elevating Devices Safety Regulation (EDSR). The five declaration forms in fillable PDF have been created for the following types of devices:
- Above surface circulating ropeway
- Surface ropeway (including those using secondary carriers)
- Rope tow - wire or fibre (including those using secondary carriers)
- Passenger conveyor
- Reversible and industrial ropeway.
Declaration forms shall be submitted to Technical Safety BC before your passenger ropeway operates. See the required submission dates below for passenger ropeways and conveyors that operate:
- in the winter only – the declaration must be submitted before the ropeway operates for the winter season.
- in the summer only – the declaration must be submitted before the start of the summer season.
- in the winter and summer seasons – the declaration shall be submitted before the start of the winter season.
- year round – the declaration shall be submitted at the end of your annual maintenance shut down period.
Declarations must be submitted to: email@example.com.
For more information see our latest passenger ropeway and conveyor contractors' pre-operation inspection declaration information bulletin.